Shore Junction is vehicle to accelerate youth potential and shape tomorrow’s business leaders, social innovators and entrepreneurs. Through our Enterprise Pillar, we provide opportunities for young people to explore ideas, launch and grow micro-enterprises, and develop key skills and competencies that will equip them for successful careers and businesses.
The ultimate goal is to support young people to develop new skills, gain business and work experience, and fulfill their potential as they transition to adulthood.
The Enterprise Pillar intersects with our other pillars, enabling young people to:
• Use their passions and skills to create opportunities for enterprise
• Collaborate with other young people to launch new ventures
• Access business mentors and accelerator support
• Learn key business skills that will support their future pathways
• Develop social enterprise opportunities to deliver positive outcomes in their communities.
At Netflix, we think you have to build a sense of responsibility where people care about the enterprise. Hard work, like long hours at the office, doesn't matter as much to us. We care about great work. – Reed Hastings.
Through co-design with young people, we know that they value the opportunity to gain key skills through engagement with industry and through opportunities to develop their own ventures.
The Enterprise Pillar will achieve positive long-term outcomes, including:
• Young people with increased resilience
• Young people working more collaboratively
• Increased youth-led enterprise
• Young people transitioning more effectively to study, business and enterprise
• Regional economic development
• A wider North Shore community that is more connected and is delivering for its young people.
Shore Junction provides a space where young people can work collaboratively, develop enterprise ventures and learn the key business and soft skills needed for future success.
The Enterprise Pillar works in harmony with the other Shore Junction pillars, providing opportunities for young people to turn their ideas into micro-enterprise and start-ups. Our flagship content will include:
Business Skills Development: Seminars, workshops and other support programmes for young people to develop key business skills.
Business Mentors: Through our volunteer and partnership networks, provision of business mentors to support the development of youth enterprise.
Enterprise Expos: Opportunities for young people to utilise the Shore Junction space to develop and promote their enterprise ideas – including regular youth enterprise expos.
Competitions and Challenges: Competitions and challenges to develop social enterprise solutions, offered through partnership with key corporates, tertiary institutions and small enterprises with which Shore Junction has developed relationships.
Pathways to Industry: Through collaboration with Shore Junction partners, facilitate opportunities for young people to build industry contacts, and access work experience and employment opportunities.