The pro team at Molton Brown in Milford share their top tips for dealing with summer hair...
1. Be the messy bun girl - Even a bit of frizz will give your bun a nice amount of body and ‘pouf' a la Meghan Markle. If your hair falls limp in hot, humid weather, try beefing it up with a texturising spray or dry shampoo.
2. Dry your hair in a cool room - A bedroom is best, or wash your hair at night when the temperatures dip.
3. Ponytails - Air on your neck = instant heat relief. This season, it’s all about the high/low—a low ponytail at the nape with lots of fluffy volume on top. Tie a cute ribbon around it.
4. Braid your hair - Not only will braids corral unruly summer textures, they’re poised to be among the most popular hairstyles for summer. Work in a little hair styling cream or hair gel to keep them under control.
5. Condition your hair while you sleep - Apply an overnight conditioner to damp hair before you go to bed, wind it into a loose bun or small twists, and hit the sack.
6. Swim, but cautiously – Comb through a leave-in conditioner or even a rich hair mask before going into the water. Shampoo it after swimming and it will be amazingly soft and shiny.
Molton Brown, 2/5 Milford Road, Milford 09 489 5074 moltonbrownsalon.co.nz